Friday, November 20, 2009

They Didn't Say it Wouldn't Be Tough...

I hope that most of our posts are focused on the great things that are happening in Chicago. I hope that they shine light on the things that we love here and the amazing things that God is doing all around us. My hope and prayer in writing the blog is you would get a snapshot of what life is like and what we're up to. To be able to give you a true snapshot sometimes it is necessary to admit that sometimes its tough. As much as I love Chicago, love our church, my school and the opportunities we have had for friendships at the seminary frankly sometimes its hard. At times I feel like I'm studying abroad again. Going through stages of cultureshock through immersion in a new culture. Somedays it feels like home and on occasion it feels like I can't seem to get air and I get overwhelmed. Sometimes it feels that we have too little going on and too few connections in our new community and others it feels like we are totally swamped and over committed. Lesson plans that need to get done, church committments and activities, hanging out with friends, and of course studying, studying and more studying. No one ever said that this transition wouldn't be tough and I guess this morning I need to admit that at times it is. But please know that it is also good.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! I am still pray for you and Matt as you transition into Chicago life. I am so excited to see how God is really pouring love through you into your communities and connections. Be blessed distant friend.

    ReplyDelete