Friday, August 14, 2009

Hitting the Ground

Matt has inspired me to sit down and write a post as well. I've discovered that blogging really intimidates me. I read other's blogs that are very eloquent and profound and I start stressing and never write. So a little grace is greatly appreciated, who knew this could be so stressful?

It's hard to believe we are almost half way through the month of August. The summer has flown. Since my last (first and only until this point) post we have been to Minnesota, Alaska, and moved to Chicago. I have spent a week at Angel Tree Middle Schoo
l/High School Camp. I have eaten on a cruise ship for a week and have sat and chatted with young women that don't have three meals to eat a day. I have sat and talked with young ladies about abstinence, drugs and abuse. I've also sat with some of those same ladies and laughed so hard I cried. I have sat with dear, close friend and moved hours away from them. I have loved Chicago and been lonely, and I am continually amazed by the incredible love and support of my husband. It's been a crazy summer! But, it is good, very good.

We have officially been in Chic
ago two weeks and I headed to school yesterday for the first time. I don't officially start professional development until September 2nd and kids don't come until the 8th, however, the science teachers are going to a week long professional development all next week. I am actually excited to be back in the swing of school. As Matt wrote he is in an intensive Greek class, the boxes are unpacked and the apartment is mostly decorated so I was beginning to run out of things to do. This fall I will be teaching Chemistry at a Latino High School (Benito Juarez in the Pilsen neighborhood) for Chicago
Public Schools. I will have 4 sections of regular Chem and one section of honors. I'm excited for the new school. Nervous and anxious.

So far we have been exploring the new neighborhood and getting settled are starting to long for community and connections.

Prayer Requests:
  • Friendships
  • Connecting to the community that already exists at McCormick and being able to contribute with our gifts and talents.
  • That Matt's study of Greek will be fruitful and positive.
  • Finding a church home/community to be a part of
Thanks for reading... we are blessed to have you all in our lives!

Peace,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment