Tuesday, August 18, 2009

That's why they call it faith...

As I lay here this evening the overwhelming feeling I have is: I am blessed. I am blessed to have an incredible husband that loves for and cares for me unconditionally. I am incredibly blessed by family and friends that come around us, support us and pray for us in our hour of need. I am blessed to have a Lord and Savior named Jesus Christ that will never leave or forsake me.

It has been a day. In case you have read the previous entry from today, I learned this afternoon that the Illinois Board of Education did not certify me to teach chemistry. If nothing changes, I will lose my job and not be able to teach in my current position this fall. I was a mess earlier tonight. I have been broken. Shed tears and sobbed into Matt's arms, but tonight I have a blessed peace.

"I will never leave or forsake you". "I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you and to give you hope and a future". I feel God's presence and an unexplicable peace inspite of the situation. I know that God is in this. I have no idea what he is up to. Why it is happening, what good will come from it or what the verdict will be when I make phone calls, but I know that despite what happens God is good. That's why they call it faith, believing when you can't see. Trusting when you simply don't know. God is good, and in his hands we will be just fine...

1 comment:

  1. O friend, I know that everything will work out in God's timing but, it must be really hard right now.

    We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete