Friday, August 14, 2009

In Chicago and studying like it's my job!

We've been in Chicago for over two weeks and it's starting to feel like home.  We live in an awesome neighborhood which is full of great restaurants, has easy access to public transit and is within walking distance of Lake Michigan!  When I haven't been too busy studying we have been going for walks or roller blading on the path by the lake.  
Today is the last day of my first week of class.  I'm in an intensive study of Greek that is three weeks long.  I was in an intro. to Greek class last fall for eight weeks and I've already learned more in one week than I did during those eight weeks, because I've studied that hard and the class has moved that fast!  It has been pretty stressful yet rewarding to see how far we've come!  
I'll let Jenny talk about what she has coming up, but she does start a week of professional development on Monday.  I can't wait to meet some more people and to immerse ourselves in the McCormick and Chicago communities!  Please write or call as we miss all of you and want to stay in touch!

Love
Matt and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment